Steeda Mustang Finned 8.8" Differential Cover w/ Fill/Drain Plugs (1986-2014)
This functional differential cover was engineered by Ford as original equipment on the 2011-13 GT500 and 2012/13 Boss 302. This cover can be directly installed on any 1986-2014 8.8 live axle Mustang.
- This innovative piece was designed with cooling fins to reduce overall gear oil temperatures and to increase rear end housing rigidity for improved gear set and bearing life. We've taken this cover a step further by installing magnetic fill and drain plugs for ease of maintenance and to trap suspended steel particles in your gear oil.
Includes bolts for installation, magnetic fill and drain plugs, and cover vent plug.
- Increases rear end rigidity
- Reduces gear oil temperatures
- Original equipment design
- Fits all live axle 8.8 Mustangs
- Magnetic drain/fill plugs
- The O.E. application of this cover has the axle vent on the axle cover. All other 8.8 rear ends have the axle vent already installed on one of the axle tubes. Use the included vent plug to plug the vent hole on the cover and continue to use the existing vent on the axle tube. This cover does not fit IRS-equipped Cobra models.
- This item is not held in stock but can be brought in by special order.
Part Number; 555-8142