Kooks S550 Mustang GT RHD Long Tube Headers 2015+
For the ultimate in Mustang GT V8 normally aspirated performance, you will need to help that engine breathe. And that's doubly true when you have gone for forced induction like a turbo or a supercharger, as the air being pushed INTO the engine needs to get out as fast as it can. That means a quality exhaust system, and that's what Kooks do. Kooks can provide their renowned Long Tube Headers either as part of a complete Kooks Exhaust system, or to add to your existing aftermarket catback, or to add to a factory standard exhaust system. On 2018 + EU Models, the OEM exhaust manifolds include a pre-cat GPF (Gas Particulate Filter) which US cars do NOT have. If you install custom headers you will in effect delete the GPF filters which will throw warning lights in your car's dash and is not road legal
You will see bolt-on power gains with these systems, but they are best combined with a Steeda Tune for ultimate performance gains.
Kooks make their systems in a variety of configurations to suit your needs and your budget.
Available in 1 3/4" size - Ideal for normally aspirated Mustangs OR 1 7/8" size ideal for big power cars over 600 hp Forced Induction Mustangs
In order to combine with OEM and other systems (including the Kooks catbacks) these headers have connectors that will work with all the above. However for a true 3" 'All the way' system, you can buy a complete Kooks exhaust system that goes from the headers to the tips, and eliminates the OEM size 2 3/4" connections.
The systems also come with either:
1. Kooks High Flow 300 Cell cats - our recommended standard choice for normally aspirated street cars
2. Green Super High Quality 300 Cell cats - our recommendation for high power cars or for cars that will see the track,
Kooks Header systems come with:
1 3/4" OR 1 7/8" x 3" Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
Includes Kooks Catted / Green catted Connection Pipes
All installation hardware included
Size Guide Tip: If you think you will fit a forced induction system later (or already have one!) then choose 1 7/8" system. If you are staying NA under 600 hp, then the 1 3/4" system is perfect for you. Unless the power is high enough to benefit from the larger size, you will actually benefit LESS with the 1 7/8" system as you will not see optimal torque gains. Bigger is not always better!
1155H220 : 1 3/4" Kooks Cat
1155H230 : 1 3/4" GREEN Cat
1155H420 : 1 7/8" Kooks Cat
1155H430 : 1 7/8" GREEN Cat
1. All parts shown are RHD and are special order from the supplier, expect lead times of around 8 weeks. Please contact us for the latest availability.
2. On 2018 + EU Models, the OEM exhaust manifolds include a pre-cat GPF (Gas Particulate Filter) which US cars do NOT have. If you install custom headers you will in effect delete the GPF filters which will throw warning lights in your car's dash and is not road legal. Steeda Tunes do NOT support custom tuning to enable GPF delete.
3. LHD headers also available- For all main EU countries
4. Kooks no longer offer DECAT headers
5. This Product does not qualify for the free shipping offers due to the weight / size of the item.